Zebra

Re: Außergewöhnliches Design aus natürlichen Quellen

Beitrag von Zebra »

Wirklich schöne Kunst!
אל תשאלו

Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

This Furniture Is Made Out of Mushrooms
Designers say the furniture has a velvety, suede-like texture and smells slightly like tea.

By Sarah Gibbens

Sebastian Cox was walking through his four-acre woodland when he saw two branches from hazel trees stuck together.
"When I pried them apart I realized that what was keeping them together was fungus," he said.
Fast forward eighteen months and Cox is holding a fully formed, fungus-made lamp and stool in his workshop in southeast London.
A furniture maker by profession, Cox has focused on making wooden goods with minimized environmental impact, including as small of a carbon footprint as possible. When he saw how strongly fungus could hold together two wooden branches, he immediately wanted to see how he could incorporate this material into his own furniture-making practices.
Cox reached out to the British Mycological Society, who connected him with Minela Ivanova, a researcher and designer who studies how unconventional materials can be used in functional items like textiles or furniture.
"We started experimenting with which fungi would work best with what type of wood," Ivanova said.

They found that the fungal strain Fomes fomentarius mixed well with wood chips that had no commercial value and would have otherwise gone to waste.
From there, they were able to create "myceliated wood," a compound that forms when mycelium, the fiber-like parts of a fungus, mix together with wood chips. Over time this spreads into a pliable compound that Cox and Ivanova let grow in molds.
One of the characteristics that makes mushrooms different from other life forms has to do with the unique way they grow. Unlike plants, the cell walls of mushrooms are lined with a fibrous substance called chitin, which makes them strong and flexible.
Fungi can also grow incredibly fast. Only a small chunk of myceliated wood is needed to mold into a large lamp in a short time. After two weeks, the compound has completely taken shape and once the cast has been dehydrated, it's ready for use.
Ivanova said low production costs and minimal labor (the furniture literally grows itself) mean it's possible for the company to eventually scale up. They just need to warm consumers to the idea of having a fungus inside the home.
"It smells a bit like sweet tea," said Cox. He added that it might not be more bizarre than having something made from leather or beeswax, once people get used to the idea.
Both he and Ivanova describe the texture as "velvety" and say that skeptics need only hold the substance to be convinced that it's worth endorsing.
The furniture makers aren't the first to use a versatile fungus in unconventional ways.
Paul Stamets, a mycologist who gave a TED talk about fungus in 2012, touts many medicinal and environmental benefits of the fast-growing life forms, from textiles to packaging to building materials. (Read more about Stamets' work.)
Cox hopes to next research how to make his products waterproof. He believes that if he can achieve this, he can create nearly any moldable product that would normally be created from plastic.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... 17711576=1
Ge'ez ጫት
Bosche

Beitrag von Bosche »

Ayahuasca visions showed artist an ancient woodworking technique that he is now using to produce unique wood sculptures

During an Ayahuasca ceremony, Chris Isner received clear instructions about an ancient woodworking technique that he now uses to record his and his client’s visions into unique wood sculptures. His work fascinates and everybody asks what materials he is using. It’s hard to believe it’s just wood but as a conscious human being Chris is not using any wood – but only reclaimed “guilt-free” wood.

Chris Isner loves his work and has already created some astonishing pieces that you can see in detail on his website at http://isnervision.com. But his best work are commissioned pieces where the synergy of two minds can produce breath-taking results. We had the opportunity to sit down with Chris and we invite you to dive in the life of one person whose life was positively impacted by Ayahuasca and psychedelics. His work stands proof.

Chris – your work is amazing – can you tell our readers more about what you were doing before you had any Ayahuasca experience?

Thanks. I had been living for a few years in a free house in West Oakland provided by my friend and patron, Tajai Massey of Hieroglyphics and Souls of Mischief fame. Tajai had rescued me from a horrible Rastafarian Boer veggie-diesel mechanic with a dreadlocks combover who had taken me in after a stretch of homeless wandering post-rehab and was ruthlessly exploiting my labour. At Tajai’s, I was doing large tattooed pieces on ghetto-scavenged plywood with this gratuitously over-sized tattoo machine I made that was beefy enough to dig into wood. I made iteration after iteration of a scorpion madonna entity veve I had contracted through a scorpion neurotoxin injection whilst riding a hollow log in the Gulf of Mexico just off the wild North Yucatán coast.

How did you end up being interested in Ayahuasca?

Someone loaned me Narby’s book, The Cosmic Serpent, and I was hooked. I began researching, watching documentaries, and became singularly obsessed to the exclusion of all else which seems to be quite a common experience. Of course, I later learned that this was the medicine calling to me.

Did you have any experience with other psychedelics before?

When I was much younger, beginning as a teenager, who didn’t? While such psychedelic trips can do nothing other than shape our conceptions of reality and reveal basic truths, without the expertise of dedicated practitioners, there’s just so much wasted potential and blind floundering. We wonder what may have been had we discovered curanderismo much earlier, no?

Did psychedelics influence your work before?

Well, if you consider Scorpion neurotoxin as a psychedelic, and you might! I was giddy all day, dreamy for weeks, writing magical realist poetry quite out of character for me. Better than molly. In fact, I kept that big black scorpion in a jar by my bed, feeding it giant crickets, and there were times when I was tempted, my pinky finger poised just out of striking range….ah, but I chickened out, it’s just so damn painful! It was a trap, you know. I had spied a hollow log riddled with woodpecker holes lapped in the surf, spouting delightfully from every hole with each wave. So, I pushed it into deeper water to push it home and make a fountain out of it. While playing on it, riding and rolling on it, SHE emerged all wet and amorous and gave me a little kiss on the tip of my pinky finger. It was hysterically funny, just imagine the tableau: just me, the log and the scorpion in the sea, no one else around for miles, just a vast mangrove lagoon past the beach filled with crocodiles, flamingos and feral dogs, the jungle’s expanse past that, jaguars, and the scorpion chasing me up and down the length of the log all the way home because I was higher, dryer ground! You see, no one else for hundreds of miles would have been so enamoured by that spouting log to ride it in the sea, just me. Such a brilliant trap.

Can you please describe in as much detail as you can tell to the public what happened in the ceremony that triggered your new woodworking technique?

Visions swarmed the jungle’s screaming night as I sat gaping goggle-eyed, vomit drool hanging from my lip, the Shipibo curandero blasting my mind apart with song, and he wasn’t a man at all but an enormously serpentine undulation studded with a thousand kaleidoscopic eyes! Having heard that the snakes will do our bidding and having come to deadroads in life, I wiped my chin, collected my courage, and ordered that cosmic worm to reveal my path.

I was rewarded with a vision like a YouTube tutorial from some bizarre alternate universe. I saw human hands out of time immemorial shape a wooden bowl using an ancient technique, revealing gorgeous textures, as the faces of primordial entities morphed and twisted through the fractal ooze.

While I do my rough shaping with rotary tools, I use that technique for the refining and finishing. It’s extremely fast, eliminating maybe 80% of the total labor. The smoothing and finishing that would normally take days is done in an hour or two, completely transforming the work far beyond my own ability. I’m always breathless watching the transformation. Honestly, my carving is extremely rough and amateurish, but this technique yields amazing work. It’s true, I do absolutely amazing work–at least it absolutely amazes me–but I can’t really take credit for it, being but a tool myself.

To your knowledge, is anyone using a similar technique today? What about in the past?

Sure, this technique was used for millennia, but I’ve looked and looked and haven’t seen anything like it. The #1 question I get when people see the work in person is, “What are they made of?” Having never seen wood that looks like this before, people assume it’s ceramic or some cast material, even plastic! Given that neither I nor anyone else I’ve talked to has seen anything like it, I think I’ll keep it that way for a while.

What does a day in the workshop look like?

My last workshop was awesome, quite large and rent-free. But a SWAT team kicked in my door, cut electricity and boarded the place up because someone in one of the other units was growing pot–legally because this is California, but they were pirating electricity. So, why’d they kick in my door to my clearly marked, legally distinct unit? No idea but I probably have a lawsuit. Now I have to pay rent which means an 8’x8′ shed which is fine as I need little space to work in. I sit in a sawdust pile working most every day, dreaming of the jungle, ridiculously in love with my partner, HoYee Wong, abjectly grateful for this second life. I’d say I lose myself in the work but that self was lost long ago. We drink the Vine of the Dead and so we die, not to be reborn but to be replaced. And that’s fine, I never liked that guy anyway.

What does a commissioned project look like?

The most recent piece was an altar to Odin in teak and mahogany, made as an anniversary gift for a lovely neopagan couple. http://m.imgur.com/a/r3V7L

I only use scrap or reclaimed wood as I just cannot contribute to deforestation. This dictates size and and configuration of elements. The teak panels are from a junked piece of furniture.

What is the weirdest commission proposal you’ve received?

Right now I’m working on a very NSFW altar to the succubus entity Lilith. The client wants it to be as bizarrely graphic and sexually explicit as possible, so imagine if H.R. Giger wasn’t such a prude.

And your favourite?

Always what I’m currently working on is my favorite. Nothing else exists. There really is only one reason to make art, work made for any other being that of a dilettante: lack of choice for whichever reason always speaks of a madness which is power and humans fear power always. Power: simply the ability to do something, synonymous with energy in physics: the capacity of a body or system to perform work. This is all there is and you can see it if you close your eyes and look. It always breaks my heart a little every time I box one up to ship, especially commissions that I haven’t had much time to bask with.

What would be your dream project to work on?

Something big, perhaps with a milled fallen oak on someone’s property, thick slabs. I know that what I’ve done so far is just child’s play compared to what I’m capable of doing. Commissioned work seems to be producing the most interested, unexpected pieces. I work closely with my clients, picking their minds for ideas, responding to feedback, and the synergy of two minds working together yields something I would have never imagined on my own.

Have you thought about teaching your technique to students?

It is my primary intention to go back to Peru with a bagful of tools and teach this technique to some young people. I owe the people there so much and feel a deep need to give back. It requires no real talent to create something gorgeous and given the speed of creation this technique allows, I think it will enable them to do quite well making souvenirs for the tourist trade: ayahuasca cups, medicine bowls, incense holders, pipes, etc. I think they can earn anywhere from $5-$20/hour or more–pretty good for kids in a place where labourers make a fraction of that. I can also teach them some wicked sales techniques that work like a charm on gullible gringos If someone wants to pay for the tools and the trip, he or she can come with me and we’ll create a truly awesome piece together there.

https://www.sociedelic.com/ayahuasca-vi ... culptures/
Bosche

Beitrag von Bosche »

22851945_1342851052510171_6028915673586561319_n.jpg
http://www.mbcreativestudio.com/pumpkins
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Bosche

Beitrag von Bosche »

Ein Zufall war die Entstehung der lustigen Fungisaurs-Spielzeugfiguren. Und eine Kombination aus Ehrgeiz, Spaß, Fähigkeiten im Umgang mit einem 3D-CAD-Programm, einem 3D-Drucker und Crowdfunding das Rezept für die Gründung einer erfolgreichen Geschäftsidee. Aiman Akhtar entwarf die Figuren, als ihn Sticker und Pilzbilder in einem Schnellrestaurant dazu inspirierten. Es folgte das Prototyping mit 3D-Druck und eine Kickstarter-Kampagne, die für die Finanzierung des Projekts sorgte. Doch mit dem erfolgreichen Verkauf der Fungisaurs-Figuren noch nicht genug. Das erfolgreiche Makers-Pärchen plant schon weiter.

„Unverhofft kommt oft“ lautet ein bekanntes Sprichwort, dass wohl auch auf die Fungisaurs zutrifft. Der 3D-Character-Artist Aiman Akhtar und seine Frau Hwa Kim kamen nach einem Campingausflug bei der Heimfahrt an einem Schnellrestaurant vorbei. Sie gönnten sich eine kleine Mahlzeit und erhielten Dinosaurier- Sticker dazu. Diese Sticker und die Bilder von Pilzen, die sie dabei hatten, inspirierten Akhtar. Er zog sein Skizzenbuch hervor und entwarf eine Dinosaurier-Pilz-Hybrid-Kreatur – der Fungisaur war geboren.

Akhtar, der als 3D-Character-Artist für Firmen wie DC und Alliance Studio (Schöpfer von Overwatch) tätig war, modellierte die Kreaturen in Zbrush. Die Prototypen stellte er mit einem Form 2 3D-Drucker von Formlabs her, während seine Frau die Marke Fungisaurs entwarf. Das Paar nahm ihre Idee mit zur Designer Con 2016. Akhtar 3D-druckte dafür mehrere Fungisaurs und der professionelle Maler Elvin Torres bemalte diese.

Das kreative Team hatte die Idee, dass man seine eigenen Fungisaurier malen und sie wie Ostereier für eine Schnitzeljagd verstecken könnte. Als sie sahen, dass sie damit die Massen begeistern konnten, setzen sich Akhtar und Kim das Ziel, die Fungisaurs groß rauszubringen. Dank einer gelungenen Kickstarter-Kampagne hatten sie das Geld dazu. Acht Fungisaurs wurden entworfen und hergestellt und in geheimnisvollen Kisten verkauft.

Die liebenswerten Fungisaurs erhielten eine Ursprungsgeschichte. Diese beschrieb, wie die Fungisaurs aus ihrer Geburtsstätte, einem Labor, entkamen. Man fand sie auf der ganzen Welt wieder. Sie erhielten einen eigenen Instagram-Account, der ihre Reisen dokumentiert. Und wenn alle Kickstarter-Belohnungen erfüllt sind, ist ein Augmented Reality Spiel als Teil einer App der nächste Schritt. Die App wird im nächsten Sommer veröffentlicht. Eine animierte Serie soll folgen.

Die Fungisaur-Schöpfer entwickelten ihre Kreaturen in der Hoffnung, Kinder dazu zu bringen, sich für die Wissenschaft und die Natur zu interessieren. Der naturwissenschaftliche Unterricht ist in die Geschichte der Fungisaurs eingebettet. Denn Fungisaurs sind nur deswegen in der ganzen Welt verteilt, weil Pilzsporen mit dem Wind reisen. Hinzu kommt, dass Kinder ermutigt werden, die Spielzeuge für Schnitzeljagden zu verwenden, mit oder ohne der kommenden AR-App. So gehen Kinder wieder mehr nach draußen, spielen und suchen motiviert nach den kleinen Gestalten.
אל תשאלו

Beitrag von אל תשאלו »

einbaumhaus-54-1456849178.jpg
Hobbithaus aus nur einem Baum in Österreich - das EinBaumHaus

Mit seinem EinBaumHaus möchte der Baukünstler Wolfgang Lackner gegen den klassischen Bauwahn protestieren. Für sein Konzept-Haus genügen ihm ein einziger Baum, etwas Lehm und Stroh. Für dieses Projekt will der Architekt nur biologische Materialien verwenden.

Durch diese ökologische Bauweise soll die Umwelt geschont werden. Außerdem sei es laut Lackner darüber hinaus gesund für seine Bewohner. Das Modell-Haus hat keine geraden Mauern, keine Ecken und zum Schlafen gibt es Kokons. Den Grundriss nennt Lackner "Seilwurf-Grundriss" den er bereits zum Patent angemeldet hat.

Für den Entwurf von ökologisch nachhaltigen Ferienhäusern haben Lackner und sein Team bereits die Mazda Hero Challenge für ihr EinBaumHaus gewonnen.

Auf seiner Webseite bietet der Österreicher nun sogar Workshops an, um Interessierten den Bau ihres eigenen EinBaumHauses zu ermöglichen. Dazu schreibt er auf EinbaumHaus.at:

"Wir zeigen in Workshops und Veröffentlichungen, wie du dir die Kosten von unter 500 Euro pro Quadratmeter deinen persönlichen Rückzugsort bauen kannst."

Für Privatpersonen möchte er darüber hinaus seine Patente freigeben.

"Nur den kommerziellen Verwertern und Kupferstechern pressen wir Gebühren ab.",

so Lackner weiter.

An Urlauber und Seminarleiter, die gerne einmal alleine oder in Gruppen ein kleines Abenteuer wagen wollen, möchte Lackner seine EinBaumHäuser zukünftig vermieten.

Bislang existiert noch kein fertiges EinBaumHaus. Aber wenn es nach dem Kärntner geht, könnte es in unseren Wäldern bald aussehen wie im Auenland aus dem Hollywood Film "Herr der Ringe".

Weitere Informationen und Quellen:

http://www.einbaumhaus.at/

https://nur-positive-nachrichten.de/pos ... inbaumhaus
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ge'ez ጫት
Antworten